The desire to discover my family roots has been a driving force in my life. My work has turned into the most surprising adventure... and a look into the lives of amazing ancestors who, through great trials and self sacrifice forged legacies that leave me in awe. I am humbled by the miracle of self preservation and the unwavering determination to see a “New World” where they could worship God according to the dictates of their own conscience. I owe a debt of not only gratitude but integrity to these ancestors who crossed the seas to establish this great country and the freedoms I now enjoy. I was deeply moved when President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Be true to who you are and the family name you bear." I believe the lives of those who came before me echo that same message.

Saturday, July 16, 2011

George Washington

1st President of the United States of America
5th Cousin
Born: February 22, 1732
Died: December 14, 1799

No comments:

Post a Comment